Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Peru

Flying to Peru, I must admit I had no expectations. Everytime I would close my eyes and try to imagine what would happen once I got here, I drew a blank. I think I knew I wasn't supposed to have ideas of what would come my way. Like walking blindfolded down an alley. Trust. Goddess did not disappoint. I arrived in Lima at 12:50 AM and was greeted by a driver, Frances, from Loki Hostel. He was holding, as I'd been hoping he would be, a sign that read, "Jennifer Duran". Relief swept through me and I literally did a little gleeful scream, immediately drawing his glance. He smiled and I was instantly comfortable. While he went to get his car, I said my hellos to Peru. I am still convinced that coming here is crucial somehow to my develoment. It is happening.
So, my driver decided to take me by the ocean on the way to the hostel. Even at night I was blown away by the beauty and immensity. The ocean here is different from the Gulf of Mexico. Duh, right? This is actually my first time seeing the Pacific. I had to fly all the way to South America to see it. Funny how life is. Within a few minutes, we were in front of Loki and walking in. Turns out I wasn't too impressed with this certain hostel. I'm way older than I wanted to admit because gaggles of screaming and giddy 21 year olds is not my cup of tea. Three or four of them came in realllllly late and I couldn't sleep for hours. The room was co-ed and smelled like a boys locker room and it was cramped. I know some might be thinking, "what do you expect for $8 anight?"Au contrair mi amigo.
Enter Rebecca . . . ahhh, sweet Rebecca, my angel, my sister. I met her here on this very site and we have corresponded many times regarding my trip to Peru. Well, I wake up to find a note from her on Monday morning and it makes my morning! I couldn't believe she took the time to seek me out. You know, sometimes you meet some people and they're great, but you don't know to what extent you are going to know one another, so you have no expectations. So, she has turned out to be a beautiful gift from the Mother. This is what happened.
She left her address on the note she left me, so I set out to find her immediately. I arrived at the Euro Backpacker's Hostel and asked for her. A super cutie named Franz let me in and went to find her. After a while, he beckoned me to follow him into the courtyard and pointed her room out to me. I walked up the stairs and into her room and was welcomed by the sweetest spirit EVER. From that instant, we clicked and both expressed our gratitude at having found in the other an aware woman who loved the Goddess. We talked and talked and she told me about her Ayahuasca experiences, this sacred Mother vine who could be so gentle and so chafing if the need arose. We talked about Herbert, the shaman she's been working with. I was filled with so much possibility--still am.
I also met someone who is so growing on me. For real. His name is Yoakim and is from Sweden. He's a trip and I got to get to know him yesterday and today. More about him in a bit. I also got to meet Herbert and spend a lot of time with him, too. We (me, Rebecca, Herbert, and Yoakim) hung out all yesterday afternoon and evening. We walked around, spent time looking at the ocean, laughing, having a good time. Herbert is the real deal. I was observing how at peace he is, so full of life. There is not a hypocritical bone in his body which is amazing to me. Rebecca is like him, too. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such beautiful light souls. I feel so blessed to be here in this country, meeting this Mother who I know has messages for me. Tomorrow night is when we will get together to drink from the Vine. I look forward to partaking of her goodness.
Today, I spent hanging out with Yoakim. He is funny in his own way and we are thinking about leaving here after tomorrow. I'm not a big fan of HUGE cities, and Lima is so one, so we want to try a smaller place halfway between here and Taropoto, which is where we will do the 8 day dieta.
So much more to write, especially about what is going on in my mind and spirit, but that can come tomorrow.
I am blessed!

1 comment:

lostinthewoods said...

I'm looking forward to your journeys inward...

Compass Rose

http://lilacfarm.blogspot.com