Monday, November 12, 2007

Circle of Light

Friday night was our first Santa Fe Wicca Circle and it was lovely. We're a small group of six. Santa Fe has surprisingly little Pagan culture, so you can imagine how excited I was to see Raven's posting for a circle. We met at Raven's house, got to know each other and then sat to do ritual. We used the New Moon as a time to release that which we didn't want to carry with us into our new year. We wrote them on leaves, released them in our minds, and then burned them in the cauldron. After releasing the old, we wrote our intentions we wanted to carry into the new year on a beautiful parchment to keep on our altars. We sang, and then onto cake and wine. It was simple, yet refreshing. I feel blessed to connect with others this way. It's been a long time since I've had a group of female friends. I've missed the companionship. I need kindred spirits.

1 comment:

Elly Yule said...

Hi Alhana thank you for our kind comments re my Blog. The Ascension updates are posted at the beginning of each month. You might be interested in our 'Ascension Support' essence which is fantastically supportive for us all during this amazing time (each order receives a free 40page book 'Ascension Tips - How to Survive the Ascension Process'). Contact me through my website for further info.
Blessings to you on your journey