Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Things For Which I'm Grateful





Being Alive
Healthy
Family
Spirituality
Bella
Friends
New Mexico
Nice, cozy place to live
get to travel (Peru)
The Sun shining every day
Beautiful sunsets
Amazing sunrises
tortilla soup
a good laugh
a good cry
release through writing
release through dreaming
rocky road ice cream
August, my sweet friend
getting to connect with other souls through writing
butterflies
dragonflies
Golden Aspen Groves, my goddess, they're beautiful!
Kissing
the smell of pinon burning on a cold evening
standing in the middle of my village, not another soul in sight, everyone's home, living their lives
The amazing bed I'm getting to sleep in while nannying Evie
Hekate
Ardantane
Kwan Yin
Kali
Ixchel
people who leave comments on this blog--it's a connection, intention put forth
yoga
magick
herbs
crayons
hot cocoa
grilled cheese
BOOKS!!!
Eco villages
Natural Building (My dream job!)
Waldorf Schools
Raindrops
YOU!
JOURNALING! I've just started this journal, however, I've kept a written journal since the 3rd grade. It's like breathing . . . . writing.
Did I mention PECOS? I love this place and feel like I've known it all my life. I've lived here a year and a half, and still, when I drive home, I'm in awe of the beauty. I hope it never wears off. I feel Goddess energy all around this area.

I feel better now. There are so many good things in my life and it's so easy to forget when I focus on just the things that aren't working out for me. There is so much goodness in the world, and I think we're conditioned to focus on the negative. Consider the news. The majority of what is on the news is negative, yet it doesn't celebrate the good things that are taking place. I believe that if we started sharing the good news, happy news, then our society would see a shift in behavior and attitude.

Here are pictures of my beautiful village and surroundings.

2 comments:

Hélène Deroubaix said...

yes it's beautiful where you live, many things to be grateful for ^_^

amazing sunrises/sunsets! aaah lucky you!

I love Hecate/kuan Yin & many other goddesses too:)
maybe you'd be interested in reading this:
http://helene-deroubaix.blogspot.com/2007/05/french-doll-posse.html
and maybe find pieces of yourself,as I feel we've got lots in common!

I so agree with you, writing is like breathing
sometimes I wonder why I have slowed down my real writing, I mean with pen and paper...
have so many ideas and also I think it is so soothing to write even if sometimes it's not entirely us, just pieces /personas of us, kind of things we can not express but we live them in the writing, experience them this way and so we are washed away of our strange inside visions...

well, I hear you, so easier to dwell in the negative
I could write down a list of all my worries and cry on my life whereas I adore being alive,so alive and have so many things to be grateful for
guess we just can cry, a good cry and go back in our positive thinking path

Blessed be Alhana!

Alhana Tierra-Skye said...

You're like an ANGEL, Helene! Thank you for crossing paths and for your encouraging and comforting words. Here's to both of us writing more with pen and paper and to what comes out of us!!!