Monday, November 5, 2007

Yurt Sweet Yurt



I went to Canela's yesterday morning to enjoy a nice, leisurely breakfast and to use their wireless internet. This cutie came onto the patio and we started talking about natural building, more specifically--yurts. Another guy overheard us talking and came to our section. He said he was interested in yurts, so I told him there was a yurt company in Pecos. I decided to have him follow me there since I wanted to see Nalina anyways. Well, turns out that Nalina asked me what my plans were when I came back from Peru; I told her I didn't know, that I was open. She got really excited and said she wanted me to work for her. I was so excited! The job is perfect for me for so many reasons:
  • I could work and live in Pecos
  • I loved alternative building
  • Nalina is super awesome and I would love to work with her
  • I could learn the ins and outs of yurt building and one day build my own
Yay! It seems since I made a clear decision about Peru, the Universe has been dropping little blessings into my lap:
  • I found a friend to sublet my casita while I'm gone, saving me $500!
  • I have a job lined up when I come back
  • My boss voluntarily paid my vet bill ($350!)
So, things are good and I feel grateful for what I have and for the people in my life. Oh, and Ali finally emailed me! She's the woman I met on Lonely Planet from Canada. We're planning on meeting in Lima and possibly traveling together. I was glad to hear from her!

1 comment:

Giada said...

Hello,
my name is Giada and I write from Italy... I have opened today a new blog, in English, in order to try to learn your language....
Samhain is the just time for the new things^_^
You can advise pagan link or forum to me where to try to communicate in English?
Thanks!!!