Monday, November 19, 2007

Truth or Consequences

So we ended up finding a place to stay on Saturday night. We lucked out and scored a great room at Riverbend Hot Springs in T or C. I had never been there before (T or C) and I must say, it is quite the quaint little desert town. Surprisingly, it is very artistic and cute. There's even a health food store called Little Sprouts. We had breakfast at a little hole in the wall diner called Cuchillo Cafe. Carly and I had the blue huevos rancheros; they were pretty good. After eating there, we walked down the street looking in shop windows. There seem to be quite a few alternative shops there. Hmmmmm. It was so nice to soak in the hot springs--I really needed it. We were the last people in them and some of the first people in them in the morning. There was one guy who kept trying to talk to Carly and she couldn't get away from him. It was funny. Our trip to Austin was sooooooooooooooo long. We took turns driving and made it here around 9 at night. Not bad. Seeing my family is good; I only hope this can be a relaxing visit--NO STRESS!

2 comments:

michele said...

T or C is one of my favorte "hot" spots. Such a quaint and interesting little town. The museum there actually has some amazing historical artifacts. There is an artwalk there every month and some great people can be encountered around every corner. I came to love the little organic restaurant and the fact that you can walk to everything. My little pups have even had a chance to dip their paws in the springs water. What a treat!

Alhana Tierra-Skye said...

It's such a gem! I am glad I finally got to spend a little time there, and being only four hours away from mi casa, I plan on spending a weekend there when I get back.